Chevrolet Equinox Owners Manual
Performance and MaintenanceIn Brief / Performance and Maintenance
Traction Control System (TCS)
The traction control system limits wheel spin. The system is on when the vehicle is started.
• To turn off traction control, press and release
on the console.
• Press and releaseagain to turn traction
The StabiliTrak system assists with directional control of the vehicle in difficult driving conditions. The system is on when the vehicle is started.
• To turn off both Traction Control and StabiliTrak, press and hold
• Press again to turn on both systems.
Tire Pressure Monitor
This vehicle may have a Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS).
The low tire pressure warning light alerts to a significant loss in pressure of one of the vehicle's tires. If the warning light comes on, stop as soon as possible and inflate the tires to the recommended pressure shown on the Tire and Loading Information label.
The warning light will remain on until the tire pressure is corrected.
The low tire pressure warning light may come on in cool weather when the vehicle is first started, and then turn off as the vehicle is driven. This may be an early indicator that the tire pressures are getting low and the tires need to be inflated to the proper pressure.
The TPMS does not replace normal monthly tire maintenance. Maintain the correct tire pressures.
Engine Oil Life System
The engine oil life system calculates engine oil life based on vehicle use and displays the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message when it is time to change the engine oil and filter.
The oil life system should be reset to 100% only following an oil change.
Resetting the Oil Life System
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN, with the engine off.
2. Press the DIC MENU button to display the Vehicle Information menu.
3. Press either the up or down arrows to view REMAINING OIL LIFE.
4. Press the SET/CLR button until 100% is displayed.
5. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
Fuel E85 (85% Ethanol)
Vehicles with a yellow fuel cap can use either unleaded gasoline or ethanol fuel containing up to 85% ethanol (E85).
Driving for Better Fuel Economy
Driving habits can affect fuel mileage. Here are some driving tips to get the best fuel economy possible.
• Avoid fast starts and accelerate smoothly.
• Brake gradually and avoid abrupt stops.
• Avoid idling the engine for long periods of time.
• When road and weather conditions are appropriate, use cruise control.
• Always follow posted speed limits or drive more slowly when conditions require.
• Keep vehicle tires properly inflated.
• Combine several trips into a single trip.
• Replace the vehicle's tires with the same TPC Spec number molded into the tire's sidewall near the size.
• Follow recommended scheduled maintenance.
Roadside Assistance Program
TTY Users (U.S. Only):
As the owner of a new Chevrolet, you are automatically enrolled in the Roadside Assistance program.
If equipped, this vehicle has a comprehensive, in-vehicle system that can connect to a live Advisor for Emergency, Security, Navigation, Connection, and Diagnostic Services.